Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wedding Bunting - I made some wedding bunting just before Christmas for, Marie, the bride planning a shabby-chic wedding for June 2013.  She told me her colors and I borrowed her sweet suitcase for a few days.  I had just the most excellent retro fabric that my cousin had found for me at a yard sale last summer.  I washed it and pressed it and cut the letters from it. It was an old fashioned two-toned green. I had left over pale pink on ivory fabric from the Shiloh Quilt I made about three years ago. It worked perfectly.  I used the same technique I used on my Halloween and Christmas buntings; fusable fleece.  I did make a binding strip with a floral print that had just a smidgen of plum in it to go with the lining of the suit case.  Marie loved it! 

All the wedding cards will go into this lovely old suitcase at the wedding.
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment