Sunday, June 10, 2012

I have been seeing more bunting around, lately, than ever before.  I find it so very festive. I am into festive, especially if I can make it myself.  Looking into bunting, I have discovered that I taught my Brownie Girl Scouts how to make bunting back in the 1980’s. I did not know it was called bunting.  I think bunting is more a British decoration, and folks in the U.S. just call them garlands or decorations.

I found out that bunting is a lightweight cloth used for flags and festive decorations. It usually has a shiny surface, which of course will catch the sun, as they were typically outdoor decorations.  The light weight makes them move in the wind better.

Today, "bunting" is a term for any festive decorations made of fabric, or of plastic, paper, or even cardboard as in imitation of fabric.  To see a couple more photos and more information on bunting, check out Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunting

Following are three easy ways to make your own bunting:

No comments:

Post a Comment